Friday, August 17, 2012

Rainbow Bridge gets another great one - Adrian




From Adrian Foster Mom:
Sweet Adrian....he was such a special foster for me.  I rescued him twice.  The first time he had been dropped off at HCAS and Debbie called me because his owner did not want him anymore......... because he was old this was July 1995.
He was adopted by a couple and about 2 years later ended up at the same place, HCAS with yet another call from Debbie.  This was Nov. 1907.  Seems the couple got a divorce, the woman left and the husband took Adrian to the shelter with the same excuse ....he was old. 
I knew a wonderful lady who had adopted a dog from me named Bertie...she was very old and sick but Nancy adopted Bertie anyway and gave her about 5 more months.  Nancy wanted Adrian too.  I was not sure how old Adrian really was but Nancy did not care.  She just wanted to love and care for him for as long as he needed her.  This dog was so happy to be safe and in his forever home finally.  He gave Nancy another 6 years,,,,this little old man had so much life in him....  He did not want to leave this world.  Thanks to a wonderful gift that Nancy gave Adrian...he was loved and cared for until the day he left us.......I wish I had more Nancy's!  Thank you so much and God Bless you Nancy for putting your heart on the line not once but twice to give life to an older dog. 
Lost Angels loves the older dog...the needy dog.  We have always been a rescue that believed in saving the unsaveable.  We will keep doing this as long as we can......all we need is more people like Nancy to help us .......it is the best experience I have ever had in my life....to know I am giving love and happiness where there was emptyness and sadness.  Stories like Adrian keep me going and make me stronger and very proud.
From Adrians Mom:
Hello Kelly,
I'm so sorry to have to tell you that we lost our sweet little boy, Adrian.  He died on Monday.  I'm devastated, and having a difficult time accepting it.  Thank you for putting us together, he loved me and I sure loved him. Adrian made my life better, and things will be very different without him.
Nancy