Monday, January 5, 2015

Yoshi

This is Yoshi who I adopted in January 2011 after Sophie (a rescue from St. Francis Rescue) passed on December 10, 2010. I was so sad I swore I would never get another dog. Katie, my Cavalier, had known Sophie since she was a baby and was beside herself without Sophie. It seemed like Katie kept looking for her. Then one day I was walking Katie in the park and a woman I did not know but who obviously had seen me waking Sophie and Katie asked where my "little gold dog" was. When I told her Sophie had passed she said I should adopt another dog and told me about LAAR. That night (a Friday) I looked at the site and saw this little guy and it was love at first sight. LAAR was at Petco the next morning but I was there before they even showed up. It turned out that someone had submitted an application on line and were coming to see Yo that day at one p.m. I was so sad and was sure I wouldn't get Yo - but I filled out an application anyway. To make a long story short, that didn't
work out and within five days Yoshi was home. He is the dearest, sweetest, most loving, playful little guy who always has a smile on his face while at the same time will look at you with the most thoughtful expression. You will see a ball in each of the pictures. Why? Because Yo loves, and I do mean loves, to play with his ball. So he has 20+ glow in the dark. If we go in the backyard to play it doesn't matter if it is day or evening he will run and get one of his balls to play. This is a wonderful little pup that doesn't have a single solitary flaw...and even if he did, he will be loved forever.