Monday, January 5, 2015

Patchie

Thought you would all enjoy seeing Patches (was Hank with LAAR). I adopted Patchie in August of 2011 and he was a bit of a challenge for quite a while. His foster mom only had him three days and we didn't know how fearful he was. When I would walk him in the park if he saw someone in dark clothing or with a big dog he would bark and bark. He might be a little guy but he has the biggest bark ever. My vet said it wasn't aggression but fear. I already knew that because he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. So I came up with a plan and when he went for a "public" walk, he was partnered with my Cavalier, Katie who is very, very calm and friends with everyone. We have been doing that for a long time so 95% of the time if a big dog is coming toward us Patchie first looks up at me and then scoots next to Katie. He is a sweetheart and very affectionate. He is a happy little guy.