Friday, January 14, 2011

Lucy




It's been 4 or 5 days now and we thought you might like to hear how Lucy is doing in her new home. She seems to be happy, although she is still easily startled by loud noises. She and Bear get along fine, and twice they've had merry chases all around the house!
She has an odd habit... she follows me everywhere and is very affectionate when I call her, but she will NOT rest near me. I've even tried enticing her with treats! She will either go to the far end of the couch, or go to the room's doorway to lay down. But as soon as I move her eyes are locked on to me, and if I leave her sight she will come find me. What do you make of this??
She had her vet appointment, we should get the results of her blood work tomorrow. Her heart is enlarged from the heart worms, as well as her veins and arteries surrounding the heart and in her lungs. They said her case could be classified as moderate. Aside from that everything looked good. Her stool sample was clean, and she weighs 48 pounds now. I attached some pictures for you guys if you want to see them. :)
Thank you for her, she has been such a joy to have in the house. She's gentle and sweet and lots of fun. ~ Sara