Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nova Relaxes - Adopting a Senior Dog is Good for the Soul!


 
This is beautiful Nova!  She was dumped at a kill shelter by her prior owners.  The shelter said she seemed to be in a state of shock when she first arrived.  We had wonderful foster parents step up for this senior girl.  Our volunteer, Tina, who does a lot of our transports took pictures of the "freedom ride" as Nova left the shelter where her life was in danger and started a new life with the angels.  This photo pulled at the heart strings of what ended up being Nova's new mommy. 

Her new mom writes:
I just thought you might like up date on Nova.  she is so much more relaxed and has really opened up even more in the last few weeks.  We are still trying to get the skin under control but 90% better!  Also we just had a sample of those lumps taken.  should get the results next week.  I really noticed a huge difference in her when I took her to the vet last week.  she didn't seem confused anymore, meaning she knew she was coming home with me and I wasn't going to leave her.  :0)  I can't wait until I am able to adopt more Nova's!