Friday, March 30, 2012

Discovering my passion



I adopted "Nate" about 3 yrs. ago. We had lost our dog 6 mo. prior and our family just wasn't complete without a dog anymore. I found "Nate" on Petfinder and it was love at first sight for us. Lost Angels was deligent in checking us out as adopters and I appreciated that. Within a day we had Nate home and have since renamed him Otis. He was a active and curious puppy who forever made us laugh. He has grown into a super smart dog and awesome companion. He has completed two courses in Puppy Manners and Nose Works at New Dawn Animal Behaviour Center.

During this process I realized how much I had a passion for what Lost Angels does to make a difference to so many animals needing homes. For the last 2 yrs. I have been volunteering at the Humane Society of Pinellas and could not be happier working to rescue many more dogs & cats.

Thanks Lost Angels, keep up the good work!

The first picture is Nate on Petfinder, the second is about a year later (now 75 lbs!) and the third is with his new brother Ishmael (also Border Collie- Shephard mix).